[mythtv-users] Frequent DVD crashes on FE

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Tue Jan 5 23:12:15 UTC 2010

I'm having a problem where MythVideo frequently will crash during playback of VIDEO_TS files. By crash I mean when trying to play the movie playback exists back to MythVideo. Some details about my config:

1) Files actually VIDEO_TS folders stored on a NAS and shared over NFS
2) The VIDEO_TS folders are accessible to both the BE/FE combo system and the dedicated FE system
3) The same video that fails on the FE will work fine on the BE/FE system
4) Both the FE/BE and the FE are 0.22-fixes svn 23069 from JYA running on Ubuntu 9.04

I suspect this is related to navigation of the DVD menus. I think the most obvious thing to do would be to compare the BE/FE log and the FE log to see at what point it fails. I've tried running mythtvfrontend -v all but the output is very verbose and it's hard to identify exactly where the failure is. Is there a suggested set of switches for troubleshooting DVD navigation and playback failures?

--
Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1