[mythtv-users] HD Homerun, "no channels" during scan.

Jeff Jensen jjensen at apache.org
Wed Jan 6 00:56:27 UTC 2010

I added a custom rule to allow all traffic to/from my HDHR:

-A INPUT -m mac --mac-source HDHR:MAC:ADDRESS -j ACCEPT

I placed it in an external file: /etc/sysconfig/iptables-hdhomerun

That solved the hassle of the HDHR IP possibly changing vs DHCP, and I threw
in the towel on trying to learn how to configure its correct ports.
Important to me though, this allowed the rest of my firewall to remain
intact (docs and HDHR support told me to just turn it off!  Egads.  Their
product and support has been phenomenal though, I just disagree with his
opinion).