[mythtv-users] possibly strange output in log file

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 6 01:41:32 UTC 2010

On 01/05/2010 01:19 AM, Mike Schiller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Mike Schiller wrote:
>
>> While troubleshooting a playback issue, I noticed that the text below
>> is repeatedly appended to /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log on my master
>> backend. This is appended 2x per second for each slave backend.
>> Stopping all slave backends causes these log events to cease. Is this
>> normal behavior?
>>
>> 2010-01-05 00:59:55.755 MainServer::ANN Monitor
>> 2010-01-05 00:59:55.759 adding: tzcheck as a client (events: 0)
> It appears I asked for help a bit too soon. I checked the backend log
> files on my slave backends. Both were repeatedly attempting to connect
> to the master DB and complaining that I had not set a master backend
> on the first page of mythtv-setup. It turns out I had set a master
> backend, but had left the local backend at 127.0.0.1. Changing that
> value on both slaves to the appropriate IP addresses stopped the flow
> of errors to the log.

Which, FWIW, were being caused by (your distro's
scripts/upstart/monit/whatever) continually restarting the remote
backends, which began to start up--including performing the time zone
check--then realized that they were improperly configured, then shut
themselves down, only to be restarted by ...

Glad you got it worked out, though.  Enjoy.

Mike