[mythtv-users] batch transcoding shows matching (NAME)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 6 02:25:35 UTC 2010

On 01/05/2010 12:10 AM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Blammo says:
>
>> Awesome - thank you -- more functions I didn't know about...
>>
>> however.. it doesn't let you choose Transcoding type
>> "auto,high,med,low,etc" it just adds them all to transcoding queue..
>> :(
>>
> Darn! You're right; MythFrontend doesn't let you pick the transcode
> type. I should've known this, as I filed this as a bug (#4403, marked
> as a feature request) a couple of years ago!

Since you wouldn't want it to prompt you for all 200 recordings or
whatever, you'd want to transcode them all as the same transcoding
profile.  So, since it doesn't ask, it's using the autodetect profile,
so just set up the autodetect profile with the desired settings.

No DB editing required.

(Or write a patch--either way.)

Mike