[mythtv-users] Broadcom CrystalHD??

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jan 6 04:08:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the support like with 3D games and desktop candy like Aero / Beryl / Aqua etc? I'm 95% concerned with the HTPC potential and I know that this device is in its infancy but I'm wondering what the day-to-day experience is like.

This is a video decoder board, not a general-purpose video card. It
takes in an encoded AV bitstream and spits out buffers full of decoded
video. Its then up to your app to feed them to the display, where your
video card shows them. There's zero involvement with 3D, displaying
your desktop and whatnot.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com