[mythtv-users] Seek problem in *one* large transcoded HD-PVR file

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Jan 6 04:46:29 UTC 2010

I recently recorded a long program (4 hours) via the HD-PVR.  As always,
When played via the internal player, the recorded file plays beautifully,
and the seek functions work fine.

However, after using avidemux to edit the file and transcode to .avi
format, the seek functions no longer work.  It still plays beautifully
otherwise (720p/AC3 5.1).  The OSD comes on, and seems to indicate that it
should be seeking - but it doesn't.

I have many other recordings which I have edited/transcoded the same way,
without any such problems - these still work, so it's not the fault of any
recent software upgrades.  The internal player can't seem to deal with
these files, so I have the frontend set to fall over to mplayer.

This file is about 7.4GB in size.  None of the others are that big.  Does
mplayer have an upper limit on file sizes with regard to the seek
functions?

As I said, this appears to be a one-off.  Anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks
Bob