[mythtv-users] First stab at eitfixup for Norway

Håkon Alstadheim hakon at alstadheim.priv.no
Wed Jan 6 08:32:53 UTC 2010

To the *-users crowd: If you don't know what a patch is, this post is
not for you.

Attached is a first stab at doing eit fixup for Norwegian dvb-t
(rikstv). The goal of the code is to make the EPG more usable for
norwegian dvb-t. Once "more usable" is defined, with the help of the
attached code, I'll try to clean the code up to make it suitable for
inclusion in mythtv proper. For startes I guess some of the "VERBOSE"
entries need to go away.

I'm posting here in the hope of some feedback on how the EPG should look
in Norway. Personally I'm quite pleased by my idea of moving "Film: "
from the start of titles down to the start of the description. I'm doing
the same thing with several other category-headings.

I'm also hoping people who get other channels than NRK, and people from
other regions of the country will chime in.

The patch is against 0.22-fixes.

Tip: I used myth to scan for channels. I scanned a specific frequency,
based on data from w_scan. I had to do a re-scan to get the EPG-data
flowing, probably my previous scan wich involved a bit of hand-editing
the channels missed some info myth needed. My advice is to get EIT going
with an unpatched myth, and then applying my patches. If you do it that
way, you might want to do :
====
/etc/init.d/mythbackend stop
echo 'TRUNCATE TABLE `eit_cache`;TRUNCATE TABLE `program`'| mysql -uUSER
-pPASS mythconverg
/etc/init.d/mythbackend start
====
This will cause myth to rebuild the EPG. I have NO idea wheter this is
the "correct" way of forcing an EPG rebuild.