[mythtv-users] [mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:50:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> We'll probably regret this but we would like your opinions :-)  We are
> in the process of  switching MythMusic to MythUI and would like to take
> the opportunity to make some much needed improvements to the interface.

Simplest usability improvement I can imagine would be to make
browseable trees out of most important id3 tag data. Currently
browsing a large music collection with a somewhat laggy remote in
mythmusic is just way too hard.

Top level menu:

Current Playlist
---
Album
Artist
Genre
Playlists
Rating
Year
---

My requested behavior would be to ADD a selection to current playlist,
not replace it. Add options to current playlist menu to allow for
shuffle, clear, move track up/down, save playlist

implement 3=pgup and 9=pgdn in every mythmusic menu. (Actually...
every mythtv menu :)

-Ross