[mythtv-users] low family acceptance factor; need advice

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:46:50 UTC 2010

> leaves a lot to be desired. Movies for the kids, just isn't working
> like I want, I want a movie db, not a list of files. I need it as
> simple as possible for the kids and wife to just click on the movie
> they want, maybe this is a over site on my behalf, but it seemed to be
> a lot of work to just get it to display just movies.

Are you talking about recorded movies. If so you can put them in
appropriate recording groups. That is what I do. I have Kid's Shows
and Kid's Movies. If you are talking about movies you have stored from
DVD, etc. Then you need to be using mythvideo. In there you can
organize things a variety of ways, and you can have them displayed
with fan art, cover art, etc. My 3-5 children know how to start their
shows in mythvideo. To get some of the bells and whistles you need to
be using .22 and an appropriate them (graphite, blue abstrat,
mythbuntu, etc.). Also about the stability, are you running .22-fixes.
There are a lot of patches that have gone in since .22 was released or
from the pre .22 version that shipped with Ubuntu 9.10.