[mythtv-users] low family acceptance factor; need advice

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Wed Jan 6 17:57:08 UTC 2010

> Are you talking about recorded movies. If so you can put them in
> appropriate recording groups. That is what I do. I have Kid's Shows
> and Kid's Movies. If you are talking about movies you have stored from
> DVD, etc. Then you need to be using mythvideo. In there you can
> organize things a variety of ways, and you can have them displayed
> with fan art, cover art, etc. My 3-5 children know how to start their
> shows in mythvideo. To get some of the bells and whistles you need to
> be using .22 and an appropriate them (graphite, blue abstrat,
> mythbuntu, etc.). Also about the stability, are you running .22-fixes.
> There are a lot of patches that have gone in since .22 was released or
> from the pre .22 version that shipped with Ubuntu 9.10.

Yes, I started with .22 and have since upgraded using the Jean-Yves
Avenard repo (Mythbuntu), I have also upgraded my nvidia drivers to
195, and VDPAU works flawlessly on my 9400GT.

We were using the "My Movies" plug in for MCE before the move, Myth
Video is what I was referring to, it feels more like a file browser
than a media library, IMHO.

We are using the MythCenter theme, as it's the only 4:3 theme. My
projector can do 720p/1080i wide, but I can't get the video card to
switch to 1280x720 (it does for my xbox 360, and in windows, but it's
really not that big of a deal)