[mythtv-users] batch transcoding shows matching (NAME)

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 6 18:15:16 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> says:
> Since you wouldn't want it to prompt you for all 200 recordings or
> whatever, you'd want to transcode them all as the same transcoding
> profile.

Well, no. I'd expect mythfrontend to ask once for a transcoding
profile, then apply it to the entire playlist. Anyone who wants to use
multiple profiles would use multiple playlists.

> (Or write a patch--either way.)

Having taken a quick look at the code back when my bug report was
marked as "feature request" I'm pretty sure such a patch is beyond my
meagre abilities, but do hope someone else steps up to the plate.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array