[mythtv-users] low family acceptance factor; need advice

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Jan 6 19:06:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 11:12:01AM -0700, mythtv at blandford.net wrote:
> On 01/06/2010 10:33 AM, Aaron wrote:

[deletia]

> Mythvideo has several views.  There is a folder view, gallery view,
> etc.  Toggling that view may well give you what you want.
>
> I  am assuming you have also used mythvideo to pull down metadata
> for your videos so you get movie information and covers.
>

> >Am I going about this in the wrong way? I need a high WAF, KAF, FAF
> >rating, and I think it's negative right now...(on all fronts).
>
> While myth isn't perfect, you should be able to get the WAF factor
> high enough that the benefits of myth outway the shortcomings and
> easily beats MCE.

...on the one hand, the automated metadata management of mythvideo is not
nearly as good as XBMC. On the other hand, "the simple interface" for managing
a video library pretty much is a file manager. This is the case even if
coverflow happens to be there to distract you from the fact.

   "can I search by actor" is an interesting question but not one that probably
has much effect on WAF in practice.