[mythtv-users] Frontend segmentation fault
emarkert at aim.com
emarkert at aim.com
Thu Jan 7 00:09:16 UTC 2010
I think I found a possible cause for the seg fault. Looking at dmesg output I found the following entry - actually 20 of them
[14630.066916] mythfrontend: segfault at 80 ip af6b0a04 sp bfbaa0e0 error 4 in libqt-mt.so.3.3.8[af12a000+6ef000]
It would appear that the frontend is using QT3 instead of QT4. I have both installed on my system.
Is there a way to get the frontend to use the proper QT version?
From: emarkert at aim.com
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Sent: Wed, Jan 6, 2010 11:28 am
Subject: Frontend segmentation fault
I'm running Mythtv on Debian based Simply Mepis 8. Myth has been running like a champ up until yesterday when I applied the latest upgrades that showed up in the Debian multimedia repository.
I applied the upgrades, ran the setup which updated the DB schema (MySQL 5) and then tried mythfrontend. Nothing but a segmentation fault. I tried a number of different fixes that I found online and could not get rid of this segmentation fault error. Finally, out of desperation, I simply did a complete removal and install of the entire myth system. This finally fixed the problem of the segmentation fault, and all seemed well.
This morning, however, I encountered the same segmentation fault error with the frontend. Enabling -v all on the frontend doesn't produce appear to produce any useful information that points to the source of this error.
The last msg produced is (I've replaced the hostname with <hostname>):
2010-01-06 11:13:46.350 MSqlQuery::exec() "DELETE FROM inuseprograms WHERE hostname = <hostname> and recusage = 'player' ;"
After this problem cropped up again this morning, I noticed another round of fixes available from the Debian multimedia repo. I applied them, but the seg fault still occurs with the frontend, BTW, the backend appears to be functioning normally - in fact, it's been recording scheduled shows that I can watch from my PS3.
I don't want to do a complete removal and install again because it is a bit of a pain getting things back to where I want, plus I usually end up losing my recorded shows and schedule.
I have a PVR 150 installed. Here's the output from mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : Unknown
MythTV Branch : branches/release-0-22-fixes
Network Protocol : 50
Library API : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version : 4.4.3
Options compiled in:
linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_backend using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users