[mythtv-users] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Stuart Evans stuart.ev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 05:10:28 UTC 2010

I've got 3 thoughts which I hope at least help a little.

1 - Utilise cover art more - perhaps as a screen saver while music is
playing.

2 - Create a web interface to setup playlists.

3 - This is a tangent that I'm not sure you'll want to go down (or are even
able to), but perhaps MM integration with portable music devices would help
useability.

My guess would be that most people who play music on a Myth system also have
a portable system (ipod/iphone or similar). I don't know if I'm on the right
track here, but a huge level of media convergence could happen if playlists
and music libraries came from or was helped along by a portable music
device.

I know this sounds like an itunes/appleTV/iphone type model - and I'm not
sure what people think of that - but it does help to get around the lack of
keyboard and would help keep your music library in one spot and help make
Myth the best place to keep your music library - as it is for TV & Video.

Just some thoughts.