[mythtv-users] MythVideo "play all in directory", how to quit?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jan 7 06:33:32 UTC 2010

On 1/6/2010 7:50 PM, Bill Williamson wrote:
> Basically as per the subject line.  If you queue up 10 videos, and
> want to stop watching said videos after the second one is complete,
> you have to hit "escape" (or exit) 8 times.  Each hit just queues the
> next video.  I looked through the menus and couldn't find a "fully
> quit" option, was I simply missing it, or is there a default keybind
> to do this?

The problem is that when you exit a player manually, it has completed
running successfully.  There was no crash, there is no error code, so
how to do you know that the user exited with the intent of completely
exiting.  The code for child videos (defining a video to play at the end
of the first) suffers from the same issue.

Does the UI code allow for timed popups?  Could you throw up a simple
dialog box at the end of playback to 'press OK to quit', which times out
after a couple seconds?