[mythtv-users] HD DirectTV

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jan 7 06:43:48 UTC 2010

Mark <fairlane at springcom.com> says:
> Just happened to check the nextcom site.  The VIP211 modded boxes
> are up to 800 dollars now.  That's insane.  I know the 211k's are
> not compatible, so they must be charging a premium for old stock
> 211's now.

I don't see the rationale for paying so much. Why not get a HD-PVR for
$160-200?  Yes, you'll have to deal with a non-FireWire means of
changing the channel, but you won't be locked into that settop box
should you ever decide to change it (or the provider, for that
matter).

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array