[mythtv-users] How to copy 'frontend' portion of mysql database

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 08:18:56 UTC 2010

The remote frontends don't run database servers (mysql), the simply connect
over the netwprk to the master backend. All you need to do is duplicate the
settings within the settings table for the new frontend identifier/hostname

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton

On 7 Jan 2010 08:05, "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <mythtv at kosowsky.org> wrote:

Nick Morrott wrote at about 07:34:23 +0000 on Thursday, January 7, 2010:

> 2010/1/7 Jeffrey J. Kosowsky <jeff at kosowsky.org>: > > On my server's
combined frontend/backend, ...
I am trying to "extract" the frontend settings from a mythconverg
database that contains both frontend and backend settings.

So I guess I am trying to clone the frontend portion of the
mythconverg settings on my server for use in a remote frontend.