[mythtv-users] 24fps Movies and new 120Hz LCD TV

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Thu Jan 7 13:31:28 UTC 2010

On 7 Jan 2010, at 01:35, James Oltman wrote:

> Interestingly enough, when I run a xrandr --current, it lists out 53 (23.976 Hz) as an option.  When I run xrandr -r 53 my TV re-syncs but never says 24Hz.  That's very strange.

That sounds familiar, apologies if this has been said already but I didn't see it here, there's a setting in the Nvidia X settings called "Force Full GPU Scaling", don't know the equivalent xorg.conf parameter. I've seen on several installations where X stays at the maximum possible res and refresh possible when this is turned on, xrandr does nothing when trying to change res or refresh, turn it off and normality returns.

Andre