[mythtv-users] Remotux Released!

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:42:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:39 AM, James Thorpe <james at tfxsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of suggestions about what would make it easier to use (for
> myself at least!).  Could a small amount of "touchpad" real estate be
> sacrificed (optionally, of course) to implement a button to jump into
> keyboard mode (4 fingers seems quite awkward to me), and also to allow for
> scrolling in the same fashion as a normal touchpad - ie make the very right
> edge into a virtual scrollbar?

There's an "info" button (circle with an italicized 'i' in it) in the
lower right corner of the screen. If you tap that button it will bring
up the keyboard as well. Note that it's easiest to hit the button by
fat fingering it (use the face of your thumb for instance); Apple's
tap recognition for the info button isn't the greatest. Also, a four
finger tap may seem awkward, I've specifically designed the
recognition algorithm to be very flexible. You don't have to tap all
four fingers at the exact same time. For example, you can roll four
fingers onto the screen over a short period of time and it will still
trigger. I honestly find it much easier than tapping the button
because I can pull the kb up reliably without needing to look at the
screen and position my hand.

As for scrolling, I've essentially gone with the Mac way. If you drag
two fingers across the screen it will scroll in both axes. I honestly
never found the PC scrolling method to be useful as I always had to
figure out exactly where the scroll area was each time.

Thanks,
Chase