[mythtv-users] Remotux Released!

James Thorpe james at tfxsoft.com
Thu Jan 7 13:46:43 UTC 2010

On 07/01/2010 13:42, Chase Douglas wrote:

> There's an "info" button (circle with an italicized 'i' in it) in the
> lower right corner of the screen. If you tap that button it will bring
> up the keyboard as well. Note that it's easiest to hit the button by
> fat fingering it (use the face of your thumb for instance); Apple's
> tap recognition for the info button isn't the greatest. Also, a four
> finger tap may seem awkward, I've specifically designed the
> recognition algorithm to be very flexible. You don't have to tap all
> four fingers at the exact same time. For example, you can roll four
> fingers onto the screen over a short period of time and it will still
> trigger. I honestly find it much easier than tapping the button
> because I can pull the kb up reliably without needing to look at the
> screen and position my hand.
>
> As for scrolling, I've essentially gone with the Mac way. If you drag
> two fingers across the screen it will scroll in both axes. I honestly
> never found the PC scrolling method to be useful as I always had to
> figure out exactly where the scroll area was each time.
>
> Thanks,
> Chase

Cool thanks for the info - I had wondered what the "i" button was for -
it didn't seem to do anything for me, guess I need to try harder :o)

Rolling fingers across it would definitely be easier - will give it a go.

As for scrolling - I'm sure I'll get more used to it over time anyway -
and thinking about it a bit more, it's not like you can really tell
where the edge of the screen is on an iphone like you can with a
touchpad without looking, so it probably wouldn't be too easy to use anyway!

Thanks,
James.