[mythtv-users] How to copy 'frontend' portion of mysql database

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jan 7 15:04:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>> I assume though if I am *adding* a frontend then, I want to skip the
>> first "DELETE" line of each stanza? Right?????
>
> You can skip it, though it won't hurt to run it anyway.

Well, I should have said....it won't hurt assuming you've edited the
query correctly. If you screw up and put in wrong hostname, it will
hurt very much when you find that instead of adding a new frontend,
you've removed an existing one :) But that's why you should backup
your database any time you go to mess with it manually.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/