[mythtv-users] output audio to hdmi and spdif at the same time

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 15:57:32 UTC 2010

snip

>> Anyway.  Can someone point me in the right direction to enable digital
>> audio out of mythtv to hdmi and spdif at the same time?
>> Been looking for a good how to but having no luck.
>> Ubuntu .22 with fixes.  Karmic.
>> Thanks
>>

>> Sorry for the top-post before and the double post, but I just found this
on the alsawiki.  Maybe it could be modified to work with either the audio
channels or ac3 compressed audio.
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/TwoCardsAsOne

-Greg

I did not think it would be that difficult.
Another option might be to start mythtv with different options?
Is there a parameter that can be added that will tell myth what audio out to use at startup?

Reason I am asking is that I want to be able to watch tv using the tv speakers sometimes, but other times I want to output to my stereo and use surround sound.
Having to go in and change the audio output each time is a pain.