[mythtv-users] SiliconDust to Announce CableCard Product at CES [RUMOR]

Aaron aaron at rb303.net
Thu Jan 7 17:49:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Devin Heitmueller
<dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hmm, no-one popped up yet to banish this discussion to /dev/null for
>> discussing DRM and how it could **theoretically** be circumvented ?
>>
>> Contrast with someone asking how to legally use his paid for viewing card
>
> Fair enough.  I'm dropping the issue now (given that I agree there is
> absolutely no way this could be done without violating the
> anti-circumvention components of the DMCA, even if it may be
> technically possible).
>
> Devin
>
> --
> Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
> http://www.kernellabs.com

Possibly there is...

Setup Win7 MCE Box; Use the DVRMSToolbox to convert the files to mpeg;
share the Recorded TV directory via SMB
Use Myth TV to monitor the SMB share on the Win7 box. Have Myth parse
the file (so it knows what was, the files are based on time, day,
channel i believe).
Myth can comflag it, transcode it, and have it ready for viewing...

This is all in theory of course...