[mythtv-users] output audio to hdmi and spdif at the same time

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 19:20:24 UTC 2010

With my own Zotac ION system, I see two entries in alsamixer, spdif
and spdif1. The spdif output I have enabled, sending audio over the
digital audio output. I *believe* spdif1 is hdmi audio. I don't have
hdmi in on my receiver though, so I don't use it, but I don't see why
simply enabling both of those in alsamixer wouldn't be the ticket...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod[at]wilsonet.com

I can and have enabled them in alsamixer.  I have both hdmi and spdif options, and they both work individually if I enable them in mythtv setup.
Problem is mythtv will only let me choose one or the other.  NOT both at the same time, which is what I am asking for.