[mythtv-users] Remotux Released!

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:16:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Chase Douglas
<chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Remotux is now up on the App Store and
> can be used to control Linux and OS X (10.6) computers! Simply install
> Remotux on any iPhone or iPod Touch and then install the Remote Input
> server by following the instructions at:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RemoteInput/rinputd
>
> Also, the protocol for the Remote Input server is open (as is the
> software, of course) so I encourage anyone wishing to build a client
> for Android or Maemo (or anything else) to do so! Protocol information
> can be found at:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RemoteInput/RemoteInputProtocol
>
> Thanks for your support!
> Chase Douglas
>
> PS: I've left my original message about Remotux below for anyone who
> is not familiar with it.

Very nice,
I works well on my Macbook, can't wait to try it out on my mythbox. No
need to have a mouse and keyboard in the living room cabinet anymore!
Is there any chance of a portrait keyboard? I know the the keyboard's
smaller that way, but I'm so used it now that I can type faster and
easier with the vertical keyboard than with the horizontal.