[mythtv-users] Match display refresh rate to video framerate

Rene H. Larsen rhl at izzlazz.dk
Thu Jan 7 21:16:06 UTC 2010

man, 28 12 2009 kl. 12:17 +0100, skrev Schuren, Mark:
> Hi Jean-Yves,
>
> I followed your suggestions and now use the predefined
> modelines from the example I found in the archives of
> your site. Still no luck :(
>
> Here's my frontend log with -v playback:
> http://mythtv-users.pastebin.ca/1729349
>
> It shows 3 playbacks, first with 25fps, second with 24
> fps, and the third with a 60i video. Myth still detects
> (or calculates) exactly '49.832 Hz' for the 50Hz mode,
> and then picks the wrong one ('59.798 Hz') for 25fps video.
> I'm pretty sure that is the cause of the problem.
>
> Here is my xorg.conf:
> http://mythtv-users.pastebin.ca/1729357
> My TV does not support 25Hz or 30Hz modes, just 24, 50
> and 60. But even when ignoring the EDID values, I get
> the exact same results :(
>
> I really wonder what is different between your setup
> and mine. I currently run NVIDIA 195.30.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I had the exact same problem with the frame rates that you had, and I
believe that I tracked down the problem.  It relates to the use of ","
as the decimal point in many European countries vs. the way the
modelines are parsed by MythTV.

I would appreciate it if you would test the patch from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7874 (which I created only a few
minutes ago).

It solves the problem for me.

--