[mythtv-users] SiliconDust to Announce CableCard Product at CES [RUMOR]

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:52:44 UTC 2010

> I'm not sure of the status of Windows7 and a VM, I know that with Vista you
> had to buy the most expensive version of Vista to run it in an emulated
> environment and not violate the license terms, but AFAIK there is no similar
> restriction on XP.  I mention this because some of the new media-centric apps
> may require W7.

They saw how things were going and recognized that was a mistake. The
language was changed in Vista SP1 and is similar in Windows 7. So VM
use is OK. Here is the line from the license:

"Instead of using the software directly on the licensed device, you
may install and use the software within only one virtual (or otherwise
emulated) hardware system on the licensed device."