[mythtv-users] TrueHD in m2ts files (ie: bluray rips)

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Jan 7 22:46:34 UTC 2010

While I've been able to play almost all of my bluray rips without
problem, the couple that use TrueHD don't quite work. Looking through
the forum and ticket system, I've seen a number of references to
TrueHD not working in myth. However, these references seem to suggest
that the audio is nothing but static. However, that's not what I'm
experiencing. When I play it back, I can hear the actual audio (and it
seems relatively in sync with the video), but playback is very choppy,
like it's being paused/unpaused about 5-6 times a second. Any idea why
this is? Is this something different from what others are
experiencing, or were they just not explaining it clearly? I'm running
0.22 with VDPAU. Is TrueHD working any better in trunk? Are there any
patches currently that can deal with this, or any trunk commits I can
try backporting?

--
Ron