[mythtv-users] TrueHD in m2ts files (ie: bluray rips)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:27:45 UTC 2010

Hi

2010/1/8 Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>:
> experiencing, or were they just not explaining it clearly? I'm running
> 0.22 with VDPAU. Is TrueHD working any better in trunk? Are there any
> patches currently that can deal with this, or any trunk commits I can
> try backporting?

24/32 bits audio isn't supported in MythTV ; and ffmpeg decode TrueHD
as 32 bits audio.

In trunk, TrueHD is decoded as Dolby 5.1 (16 bits audio)... So while
it works, you won't enjoy high-def sound.

I am working on adding 32 bits audio support to Myth, I'm hoping I
will have time to merge the changes before 0.23 feature-freeze.

Jean-Yves