[mythtv-users] 24fps Movies and new 120Hz LCD TV [SOLVED]

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 00:32:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2010/1/7 James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com>:
> > Interestingly enough, when I run a xrandr --current, it lists out 53
> (23.976
> > Hz) as an option.  When I run xrandr -r 53 my TV re-syncs but never says
> > 24Hz.  That's very strange.  That makes me think that xrandr is the one
> with
> > issues, but I'm not sure.  My TV is a Samsung LN52A650.
>
> In the Screen section add:
> Option      "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

This is now solved.  I first tried it Jean-Yves way.  When I rebooted the
FE, it came up fine.  I played the video in Internal and the refresh stayed
at 60Hz.  I then tried Andre's way (technically they are the same, however
Andre's method uses the nvidia-settings gui).  So I did a:

sudo nvidia-settings

And went to the SAMSUNG entry (My LCD) and found the:

Force Full GPU Scaling

...option and it was checked.  So I unchecked it and re-ran MythFE.  It
worked!  I rebooted the box and it's still working.  So it looks like this
one is done.  Thanks for all your help guys!

Jim