[mythtv-users] HDMI output audio

Andy Hohenner hohenner at comcast.net
Fri Jan 8 00:36:00 UTC 2010

I am trying to setup a new mythtv system, based on a Asus P5Q-EM
motherboard and Fedora 12, using the built in HDMI port. My goal is to
have both video and audio flowing out the HDMI port.

My problem is when I uninstall pulseaudio, I don't get any audio output.
speaker-test -c 5 -t wav generates no output and when I try to launch
System>Preferences>Sound I get an error that the sound subsystem is not
responding.

But when I have pulseaudio installed, I can't get mythfrontend to
launch, even with "EXPERIMENTALLY_ALLOW_PULSE_AUDIO=1 mythfrontend", I
get an error saying that myth was not compiled with pulseaudio support.

when I run ./configure, I see the line:
PulseAudio support   no

./configure --help shows that there is a --disable-audio-pulseoutput but
not an --enable option.

has anyone gotten it working? or have any recommendations on which walls
to keep pounding on?

Thanks,

Andy