[mythtv-users] No DTS with Internal Player

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 01:20:54 UTC 2010

Hi

2010/1/8 James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com>:
> I have already tried this.  The only way I was able to get DTS audio was to
> uncheck the "Use Internal Volume Controls".  However, this had the

You are using I believe the mythtv version in my repository.

This version is using the audio code found currently in trunk... Very
different to stock 0.22

If you check Internal Volume Control ; while this will allow you to
change the volume of even digital audio ; audio will be decoded then
re-encoded as AC3.
So you can't get DTS with that option checked.

If you want to keep the original DTS track, you must disable the
Internal Volume Control and use your amplifier to change the audio
level, not myth

> unfortunate side effect of making the video move in slow motion.  The audio
> would register as DTS, but I heard no sound and the DTS light on my receiver
> was cutting in and out.  With Internal Volume Controls unchecked, I tried
> the "Advanced Audio Configuration" and it didn't do any good.  Any
> combination that includes unchecking Use Internal Volume Controls results in
> slow video and no sound.  I'm using a Creative 5.1 Gamer edition with SPDIF
> coax out.

You shouldn't have to activate the Advanced Audio Configuration .
Make sure AC3 and DTS are both checked.

Please post some logs with -v audio,playback when trying to play the
video with DTS track

Jean-Yves