[mythtv-users] Remotux Released!

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 05:26:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> As others have said, very good stuff here. Initial config isn't
> entirely straight-forward or obvious if you're running !(Ubuntu || Mac
> OS X), but I have it working on Fedora now...
>
> Got a start of an RPM for Fedora together here now too, still need to
> gather up an initscript though. I don't see one in the source, but it
> looks like there's one in the Ubuntu package... Not sure which is more
> work, figuring out how to extract a file from a deb on an rpm system
> and converting that for Fedora, or just starting my own initscript
> from scratch (well, from another Fedora initscript... :) Anyone care
> to just mail me a copy of the Ubuntu one?

First, I'd be happy to integrate an rpm spec file into the sources if
you manage to get one written. If you check out the bzr branch you can
build up a spec file and then I can pull from your branch. You can
find more info on checking out my sources at:

https://code.launchpad.net/rinput

The Ubuntu (and debian, though I haven't done testing) init script can
be found in the development repository in the debian directory. I
strip out the debian directory before creating the source tarball as
that's considered good practices from what I've read. You can browse
the files at:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~chasedouglas/rinput/trunk/files/head:/debian/

The init script is rinputd.init. You can also copy the SSL certificate
generating parts of rinputd.postinst into the %post section of a spec
file.

If you're interested in helping out with packaging or any other work,
feel free to open a bug to keep mythtv-users traffic down:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/rinput

Thanks,
Chase