[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Virgin Media

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:01:41 UTC 2010

2010/1/8 Richard Smith <rick_t_smith at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Can anyone in the UK update me on the state of play re Virgin STB and Myth?
>  In particular can I get digital HD content into myth from the STB
> (legally)?

I'm not aware of a way to get HD content from a Virgin STB into MythTV
without any intermediate analog-digital conversion that is in
accordance with their terms and conditions. You may be able to use a
HD-PVR connected to a STB possessing component video outputs, but this
would break the purely digital signal path and may also be affected by
programming employing HDCP.

Cheers,
Nick

--