[mythtv-users] Question about getting 0.22 MythVideo and jamu working

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Fri Jan 8 10:18:28 UTC 2010

   I hope to have another bash at upgrading to 0.22 soon, and having done a
bit more reading around, I'm quite excited about getting jamu going to
populate some of my video metadata.

   However, I'd like to know in advance what sort of preparatory work I need
to do, and the jamu wiki page doesn't quite answer my questions.

   I have a no. os series stored in a dir. hierarchy along the lines of:

tv/
   Programme Name/
     Season 1/
       01 - Ep Name One.avi
       02 - Ep Name Two.avi
     Season 2/
       01 - Ep Name One.avi
       02 - Ep Name Two.avi
trailers/
music/
etc.

   I know that jamu *itself* won't cope with that, as it looks just at the
file names, and if I have to script-rename all my avis to keep it happy,
then so be it.

   However, I get the feeling that jamu, in maintenance mode, may well just
work if I do the initial scan from the MythVideo in the front end, as
MythVideo supposedly can parse these things correctly from directories.

   So the question is really, given my 'tv' hierarchy above, if I drop my
video d/b for the upgrade and then let MythVideo do a full scan of my files,
will it populate the metadata well enough such that a subsequent run of jamu
will utilise that metadata to flesh out all the goodies (fan-art, etc.)?

   With a secondary question of:  what *will* MythVideo happily parse out
itself?  Do I need to drop the " - " separator I currently have between the
ep. no. and the ep. title?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature