[mythtv-users] ATrpms for Myth but RPMFusion for nvidia

greg pryzby greg at pryzby.org
Fri Jan 8 14:06:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 8:52 AM, steve <networks1 at cox.net> wrote:

<SNIP>

> When I followed the instructions on the wiki, i.e. yum install nvidia with
> the ATrpms repository active and then rebooted, the screen when black at the
> point in the book process where it switches to X.  I researched this and
> everything I found (strongly) recommended using the nvidia drivers from RPM
> Fusion if you weren’t going to use the proprietary installer from nvidia.
> So I did a clean install of Fedora and followed that advice, and my nvidia
> is now up and running.  So at this point I need to know what to do about
> MythTV.  i.e. is the RPM Fusion version OK, and if not can I safely disable
> that repository and install ATrpms and use that for all the other software,
> or do I maybe have to use that yum priorities thingy.

I do not know the history of ATrpms and RPM Fusion, although I understand
there is one.

I asked some Fedora friends and was pointed to RPM Fusion. I recently moved
frm ATrpms to RPM Fusion and have no issues. Works like a champ.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/
TWTR: gpryzby
Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."