[mythtv-users] Guide settings gone in 0.22?

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Fri Jan 8 14:08:54 UTC 2010

On Friday 08 January 2010 14:44:47 Ronald Frazier wrote:
> > The entry in the database is still there but it seems to be ignored. So I
> > guess there is not much hope to change this in 0.22.
> >
> > I haven't tried to manipulate it by changing the theme file though...
> >
> > Any theme-experts around to check/confirm this?
>
> I haven't tried it, but it appears to be in the theme now. The guide
> is defined in schedule-ui.xml
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Schedule-ui.xml
>
> In there, there are a couple of guidegrid objects (one for the regular
> guide, one for the livetv guide). Looking at the documentation of
> guidegrid objects:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythUI_Theme_Development#The_guidegrid_widget
>
> In particular, you are interested in the "channels" and "timeslots"
>  attributes

Yay! It works! Thank you very much!

Note: In addition to increment the <channels> tag, shrinking the areas in
<buttonlist name="channellist"> and adjusting the position of the channelicon-
area is needed. Here is an example for the default theme (only for the normal
EPG. The live-tv one needs similar changes):

Original:

        <buttonlist name="channellist">
            <area>20,205,135,380</area>
            <buttonarea>0,0,135,380</buttonarea>
            <statetype name="buttonitem">
                <area>0,0,135,74</area>
                <state name="active">
                    <imagetype name="buttonbackground">
                        <area>0,0,135,75</area>
                        <filename>gg-chans.png</filename>
                    </imagetype>
                    <imagetype name="channelicon">
                        <area>5,15,40,40</area>
                    </imagetype>
                    <textarea name="buttontext" from="basetextarea">
                        <area>45,0,90,75</area>
                        <cutdown>no</cutdown>
                        <align>allcenter</align>
                    </textarea>