[mythtv-users] how do you organize recordings for multiple people?

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Fri Jan 8 16:18:58 UTC 2010

With the horizontal show view in 0.22 watch recordings I find it more
difficult to navigate through all my recordings.  I like the new
layout; but it takes longer for me to find new recordings (that I
haven't seen, which may already be marked by myth as watched, just not
by me).  I know there are playback/recording/storage groups that I'm
not using (i'm just using "default").  But from what I've read none of
these are exactly what I want.  I would like to tag recordings as for
Me, Wife, Kids.  Then on the recordings view switch between these (or
any combination there of).  The trick is some shows may be tagged as
just Me, Wife, Kids, or Me + Wife, or Me + Kids, etc... as far as I
know there is no way to do this in myth.

So, is the functionality available and I'm just missing it, or is
there some other way to manage recordings in this situation that is
better than just "default".

Also, in mythweb when I go to config->TV->playback Groups I get:
"Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/set_playgroup.php on
line 22"