[mythtv-users] Silicondust Makes CableCard Announcement

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 19:34:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I'm surprised Apple doesn't fight the "Windows only" approach to CableCard, but
> they haven't shown much interest that I can see.

I think Apple is pretty much completely uninterested in broadcast TV,
and is looking to hasten the end of that as we know it (either via
iTunes, or some other network delivery manner).  Their whole approach
to content is is to cut the broadcasters out of it.  Why have a PVR
when you could have a podcast, after all?

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com