[mythtv-users] Remotux Released!

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 14:06:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> So far as I could tell, the process itself doesn't actually have a
> daemonize mode. In the ubuntu package, it seems it relies on the
> start-stop-something --daemon flag. Meant to ask Chase about that. :)

I can add a daemonize switch if needed, but I never really understood
why it was necessary. I suppose if you run it in a shell without
proper job control it could be an issue, but at this point is it
really needed when almost any shell can execute it in the background
with an ampersand?

Thanks,
Chase