[mythtv-users] Here is a strange "Non-recording"?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 9 17:50:17 UTC 2010

On 01/08/2010 11:11 AM, Jan Johansson wrote:

> > Six 30 min episodes. But the first did not get recorded, and in the
> > log I see this:
> >
> > (No entry is created in “recorded”, but system upcoming rec’s does
> > not list episodes 1 even tho it IS re-aired within my available
> > program data. (six days from now).
> >
> > And yes, looking at the programmed recordings, the system does
> > “know” they are 30 minute episodes.
>
>  Uhm… the fact that the tables recordinginuse AND recorded were
>  corrupt seem to have something to do with it… sorted.

You can set up optimize_mythdb.pl to run in a cron job to help fix these
issues--run once per day at a time least likely to have recordings works
pretty well (and is pretty safe).

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance#Optimize_the_Database

>  Sorry.

Since you actually provided the solution back to the list--rather than
just fixing it yourself and not following up with an explanation of the
problem and the fix for any future archive searchers--there's nothing to
apologize for.

Glad you're back up and running.

Mike