[mythtv-users] Remotux Released!

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jan 9 19:37:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Chase Douglas
<chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> Because then its still attached to a specific shell process, rather
>> than truly running in the background not attached to a shell that has
>> to be left running too. Could play some tricks with disown, but the
>> right way is to have the daemon truly run daemonized. Personally, I'd
>> make daemonized mode the default, since the binary name is rinputd
>> (remote input daemon), and add a switch to not background it for when
>> you need/want to run it by hand with debugging enabled.
>
> I never realized there was a real difference between the two, but I
> see it now. I'll change it to be a true daemon. You may want to hold
> off on releasing a new spec and init scripts until I get v1.0.2 out
> with the change.

I just submitted an updated build for the fedora review, but will do
another once you cut 1.0.2.

Another issue that has cropped up though... There's a standard fedora
rpm macro %cmake, which issues all the necessary cmake flags for a
fedora package build, and when one uses this, you wind up with a
common/libcommon.so that is dynamically linked, rather than the
standard build that uses a static lib... Fedora generally dislikes
static libs, and indeed, I think this should probably be a dynamic lib
for clients built against the header to dynamically link against, but
it should probably be renamed from libcommon to librinput or
similar...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com