[mythtv-users] LiveTV -> Program Guide -> LiveTV question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 9 20:56:14 UTC 2010

On 01/09/2010 03:33 PM, Yianni Vidalis wrote:
> From: mtdean

>> You need to hit SELECT (by default Return/Enter/Space)--*and* you need
>> to run current 0.22-fixes (r22824 or higher) *and* you need to select a
>> show that's currently airing or that starts within 15 minutes.
>>
>> Or, you can use MENU (m) and then select "Change Channel" (which works,
>> regardless of what show you have selected.
>>> It is customisable in the front-end setup but I can not remember where.
>>> On my configuration I used to have to press the menu button (from
>>> memory) to switch to the show and select would bring up recording
>>> options. Now selecting select switches to the show if I am within the
>>> current program and menu brings up the recording options.
>>>
>> That's all changed. There's no longer an option to change which key to
>> use (that's what key bindings are for). And, now, MENU does exactly
>> what it's supposed to do--it shows a menu.
> If you haven't already found it,
>
> In frontend:
>
> Setup: TV Settings --> Program Guide, Page 2, "Allow channel jumping in guide" must be enabled.

Not according to http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7494 .  :)  Besides,
that setting only affects the number keys--whether typing in a channel
number jumps to that number or whether those numeric keys are instead
used for directional control.  It's another (broken) case of a setting
being used to provide the functionality of key bindings.

Allow channel jumping in guide
If enabled, you will be able to press numbers and jump the selection to
whatever channel you enter.

It doesn't affect changing tuned channel and exiting the guide.

Again, though, the setting, "Select changes channel," has been removed
and Myth now always works the same way it worked when that old setting
was enabled (but has better support for changing channels).  What I
said, above, is correct.

I /seriously/ believe the only problem is that the OP is using an old
pre-release version of 0.22--like the one that comes with a default
*buntu 9.10 install.  He needs to upgrade it to a post-release/working
version of MythTV 0.22-fixes.

Mike