[mythtv-users] 0.21: hdhomerun: how to record UHF HD on #1 (OTA), VHF on #2 (via cable/QAM)?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jan 9 21:15:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 15:53 -0500, Peter Watkins wrote:

> And the priority, right? Live TV prefers the lowest, the recording
> scheduler prefers the highest, right?

>From what I have heard previously, you really don't want to use the
input priority of tuners. I do not recall what the reason for that is
but I have heard it said more than once on this list that the way to get
tuners to be used in the order you want them is to delete all your
capture cards, then re-enter them in the order you want them used
(highest priority first). If you do that, you then have to go into Input
Connections to reconnect tuners with video sources.

What LiveTV does is dependent on a setting. I think it is in the
frontend under Setup -> General. It's something like "avoid conflicts
with live TV". If that is checked, then LiveTV uses the tuners in
reverse order.

--Greg