[mythtv-users] Building Remote Frontend - Components

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Sat Jan 9 22:23:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Jongi <jongitech at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking of the components below for a FE in the bedroom:
>
> Mobo
> Asus M3N78-VM
> CPU
> AMD X4 9650
> Video
> GT220 512MB
> RAM
> 2GB JetRAM DDR2-800
> HDD
> Seagate 7200.12 8MB 250GB
> Remote
> Hauppauge MCE
>
> I'll also be buying a 32" LCD (720op capable). I thought of making it
> diskless, but I thought given the cost of the HDD I might as well have
> one in there. Basically it will source everything from the BE via the
> network (cable - 54Mbps)
>
> Should this work pretty well?
>
> Regards
> Jongi

way overkill for a dedicated FE if you ask me.  I think people are liking
the Zotax ION and Acer Revo at the moment...  I haven't used either but I'm
tempted to jump on the bandwagon.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813500036&cm_re=zotac_ion-_-13-500-036-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103228
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103228>