[mythtv-users] Match display refresh rate to video framerate

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:27:13 UTC 2010

2010/1/10 Mark Schuren <schurenmark at versanet.de>:
> your patch works perfectly here. I have reverted changeset 23023 and
> applied your patch successfully.
>
> With your patch, Myth does exactly what I'd expect even when I have far
> more relaxed xorg.conf (more or less default with all modepools
> enabled), and even in a German installation with a comma as decimal
> point. I've thrown lots of different content at it, and did not fail a
> single tim eto choose the correct display mode.
>
> Jean-Yves, can you please have a look at it (#7874)? I think this patch
> fixes the core problem (for non-english locale), rather than the
> workaround introduced with [23023].

Why?

when with 23023 it works...

If the issue was what is described in 7874 it would never work, ever.

The problem before #23023 it would only select 49.9Hz for 50Hz ; never
49.8 as the precision was limited to 0.1.

I've increased the precision up to 1.

BTW, it's committed in 0.22-fixes ; no need to apply patches.

> JYA said it all worked ok for  him BEFORE changeset 23023...

this has nothing to do with the new changeset ; different video cards;
different screen. so many variables.

Jean-Yves