[mythtv-users] How to copy 'frontend' portion of mysql database

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Jan 10 15:40:30 UTC 2010

> But if you had instead spent your time working on
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6064#comment:2 , perhaps we could finally
> do it right.

1) This is the first time I've seen that ticket. I had no idea it was
there. Most of the queries I posted were written 2 years ago (when
there was no such ticket), and took me about 3 minutes to write.
2) I can guarantee you that the time I spent writing all these queries
(even including the more complicated one for playback profiles) was
WAY less than the time it would take me to download, comprehend the
70KB of code in those patches, and then figure out how to improve upon
what that ticket does.
3) EVEN IF working on that ticket would have taken less time, I
suppose you are one of those rare, fortunate people who has never
found himself involved in a very quick and simple discussion, which
evolves, and then evolves a bit more, and then by the time it's done
it's take more time than if you had done it another way. Well, good
for you, but I think a lot of people find it happens for them.
See...just like this discussion. I thought I'd make a quick post
defending myself, now I've got to make another post defending myself,
and I suspect by the time it's all said and done, I'll wish I had just
ignored your post to begin with :)

--
Ron