[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX-B-E Network Issues

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:17:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Ramon Redondo <malinon at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I know you've already RMA'd it, but did you check your ethernet cable?
> When I first started using gigabit ethernet I found that some cards were
> less forgiving than others when the cable was questionable.  If you get a
> new box and it still has a problem, you'll probably want to look there.

Thanks Ramon,

Actually, I did check the cable... it was straight through (pin-for-pin) and
all the wires touched the end of the plug on both ends.  I checked it
because I thought exactly what you thought.  Someone recently told me that
it's part of the gigabit-ethernet spec that the gigabit device detect
crossover/straight cables and work with both no matter what.  I haven't
checked this on my gigabit devices.  Really the only other thing I could
blame it on is the driver, and it's the same driver that all you guys are
using: forceware.

-Greg