[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu Auto-Builds Quick Easy Question

Douglas Wagner douglasw0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 20:08:30 UTC 2010

This is hopefully a very quick and easy question for Mythbuntu.

So, I've got Mythbuntu 9.10 installed, and I know there's a way to get it to
pick up the latest "stable/fixes" code so that I'm up to date on all the
patches and such...

However, I also know there's another release that puts me into "development
land" (trunk) which is where I DO NOT want to be with the WAF.

SO, looking at http://mythbuntu.org/auto-builds I expected that when I
installed the .deb package (mythbuntu-repos.deb) that I would be prompted as
to which of the two types of autobuilds I wanted to be pulling from (fixes
or trunk).

While I was prompted for PPA (which the prompt says DOES NOT install MythTV
packages but updated packages for non-mythtv mythtv related software like
the control pannel and mythexport and such) and answered  yes to that, I was
NOT prompted as to whether I wanted to install the "fixes" branch or the
"trunk" branch.

running sudo apt-get upgrade shows me several MythTV upgrades
available...but I cannot tell whether these are from the TRUNK version or
the Fixes verision.

Looking at /etc/apt/sources.list.d and the mythbuntu-repos.list file, I see
the concerning line:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/repos/ubuntu karmic main
*deb http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/trunk-0.22/ubuntu karmic
main*
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/testing/ubuntu karmic main

Which LOOKS like it's going to pull everything from Trunk...which I
definitely do not want.

I guess the main question is: How do I get Mythbuntu 9.10 to download the
"fixes" branch to pull the most up to date "good" but "stable" copy of Myth
when updated?