[mythtv-users] Power off STB: a new twist from our local cable provider

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Sun Jan 10 20:09:05 UTC 2010

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Sunday 10 January 2010 08:17:57 am mike wrote:
>> As stated above, the ideal solution is a 'dummy' command for the stb
>> channel change script which emulates a key press without doing anything.
>>

> I think sending the "dummy" press as part of the channel change is better
> because if you cron it Murphy's Law says it will happen just as a regular
> channel change occurs
I agree. Now I just have to figure out the ieee1394 command to send a
dummy code key press.

I did the power command because that info is quite public but I don't
have access to the panel subunit spec for tuners. I tried various
combinations of commands this morning but I couldn't get the sa3250 to
respond to any of my tries. I think it should be something like:
0x00487CE7 aa FF 00 00
where aa is the panel operation. I also tried replacing E7 with 00
(PANEL_OPERAND_PRESS)

@Tony Brummet, I assume you were using an IR blaster or do you have this
working on ieee1394/firewire?

Pointers appreciated